XVI International Conference Dedicated to the 20th Anniversary of the International Dangerous Goods and Containers Association"Multimodal transport of dangerous goods"
The subject of the conference: "Risk Management in the Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Various Modes of Transport"
Representatives of state authorities, experts from international organizations, heads of enterprises and organizations whose activities are related to the handling and transportation of dangerous goods are invited.
- History of development of the International Dangerous Goods and Containers Association ("IDGCA" NP), new directions of its international activity.
- Events in Beirut (explosions in the port of Beirut on August 4, 2020). Consequences and measures taken by the international community.
- Changes in international regulations regarding the transport of dangerous goods. Entry into force of new editions of the rules (Model Rules of the UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods, IMDG Code, ADR, ADN). Harmonization of international rules.
- Regulatory framework in the Russian Federation regarding the transportation of goods, including dangerous ones. Regulations, laws, government decrees, agreements, orders in force.
- Risk-based approach of the supervisory authorities to the assessment of the activities of enterprises involved in the process of handling and transportation of dangerous goods. The practice of applying a risk-based approach.
- Risk management. International standards and guidelines. The practice of implementing a risk management system in shipping companies engaged in the transport of dangerous goods (chemical tankers, tankers, dry cargo ships).
- New requirements for the transport of high-risk dangerous goods. International legislation in the field of protection of facilities from terrorist acts. International and national requirements for the carriage of bulk cargoes by sea and river vessels. Preparation of goods for transportation. IMO circulars and tools for their implementation.
- The role of classification societies and/or inspection bodies in assessing the safety of facilities and entities involved in the transport and handling of dangerous goods. The powers of classification societies in the field of transportation of dangerous goods and the practice of their application. What is a certificate of recognition of a classification society, the status of a document issued by a classification society? Classification societies’ rules. Requirements for recognized organizations.
- Manufacture, type approval and certification of tanks for the transport of dangerous goods. New international requirements for conformity assessment. Prospects for the manufacture of tanks from composite materials.
- Multimodal transport of dangerous goods using high-capacity flexible containers.
- European standards and requirements of the European ADN Agreement for ships navigating in EU inland waters. Training and certification of experts.
- Legal regulation of transportation and handling of goods in seaports. Training of personnel of shipping companies and shore personnel in the field of transportation of dangerous goods. New regulation on licensing of loading and unloading activities in inland water transport, in seaports.
- Features of the transportation of dangerous goods, including hydrocarbons, in northern latitudes and in the Arctic.
- Loading and unloading activities associated with the maintenance of drilling platforms and artificial islands.
- Features of transportation of lithium batteries by various modes of transport.
- Ensuring fire safety during the transportation of dangerous goods by various modes of transport.
- International documents relating to the carriage of dangerous goods by sea. Entry into force of new IMO codes and circulars.
Upon completion reading the reports, a round table will be organized to exchange views and prepare a resolution.
Representatives of the Ministry of Labor of Russia, Federal Transportation Inspection Service, Ministry of Industry and Trade, Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Usage, port administrations, experts from international organizations, heads of enterprises and organizations whose activities are related to the handling and transportation of dangerous goods are invited to participate in the conference.
Listeners participating in the conference will receive a certificate confirming their participation in the conference. Also, participation in the seminar can be considered as an advanced training (16 hours). Conference form is a webinar or hybrid form.